Friday, May 27, 2016

Week 9 blog forum

Topic 1: Turning Pro

What is the next step?

After this term of Photojournalism, over the summer I plan to practice what I've learned in class to better my skills. Also next term I plan on working with the Commuter by photographing for them. The pros of actually going "pro" and either freelancing or working as a staff photographer is that you get a lot of exposure in the work environment as a photographer, the downside is that it has to be a life style not something you can put down each weekend. The biggest plus to the photographer "lifestyle" is that you get to photograph everything about daily life of your subjects.

What skills have you learned?

I have learned that in each situation you have to learn which is the best way to photograph your subject. Also in every situation it is best let your subject get comfortable with you before you start photographing them, they have to be confident that you will take good photos of them. Things that I still have to learn are what does the paper who ever your client is want? This question is always uppermost in my mind before I go out to photograph.

What other Photographer has stood out to you?

Dorothea Lange has stood out to me as being an amazing photographer. First of all because she strongly felt that each photo had to portray the scene and time period perfectly, and she did not believe in messing with the photo in such a way that would ruin the subject. My favorite photo that she took is the one of the mother and her two kids set in the Great Depression, because it portrays the great depression perfectly. In my own work to improve, I could use the rule of portraying the scene as well as the time in history.

                                                                                                                                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment